B2B Camp Atlanta is completely different from most conferences you’ve considered attending. Everyone participates and contributes to the success of the event, right down to creating, presenting and leading the sessions themselves!
On the morning of the event, each participant will be asked to vote for 3 sessions that he or she would like to attend. The sessions with the most votes will be scheduled into rooms and everyone will fly off to their favorite sessions!
The “un-conference” format is exciting and unique, and it works because of you!
HOW TO PROPOSE A SESSION
Proposing a session is easy–just submit one here: Session Proposal Form. All sessions will be posted on the blog for discussion! Session Proposal(s) need to be submitted on or before the deadline of 10/20/2018!
While there is no limit to the types of sessions you can offer or will see at B2B Camp Atlanta, there are a few formats that sessions can typically be grouped into. Remember, you can choose any format you like and you aren’t limited to the formats discussed here. This list is intended to sponsor creativity, not offer constraints!
- Panel Discussion – This popular format is usually led by a moderator and a panel of 3-5 topical experts. The panelists may or may not give an opening statement on the session topic, but the majority of the session is a Q&A facilitated by the moderator, using a combination of prepared questions and impromptu questions from the audience. The most successful panel discussions have a well defined topic, and rely heavily on audience questions.
- Presentation – While B2B Campers tend to avoid traditional one-way “talking head” presentations, good speakers and experts can pull them off and deliver extremely successful sessions. If you are considering offering a session in this format, we suggest strongly considering whether another format might be a more engaging way to create an ongoing discussion in your topic area. If your topic really needs a traditional presentation, bring it on!
- Roundtable – This format can take many shapes, but in general, participants break up into smaller discussion groups focused on a specific topic or topic area, and then present or discuss their findings with the group at the end. A moderator typically floats from table to table to help stimulate the discussion or contribute expertise and perspective.
- Town Hall – A popular update to the less interactive “Presentation” format, the Town Hall typically leads with a brief presentation (15 -20 minutes) on a specific topic area and then transitions into an open discussion encouraging input, conversation and even debate from all participants. Town Hall sessions are consistently among the most popular ProductCamp sessions!
- Workshop – In a workshop, the session leader introduces a topic or concept and the participants actively participate in an exercise to reinforce those concepts. Workshop participants generally leave the session with a strong grasp of the topic area and have an opportunity to apply their new knowledge immediately. If proposing this session, make sure your description includes details about the expected outcome of the workshop!
SESSION TOPIC AREAS
Some of the topic areas that have proven successful in the past include:
- Sales Management
- Sales Strategies
- Lead Generation and Prospoecting
- Content Marketing
- User Experience (UX)
- Marketing Strategy
- Go-to-Market Activities
- Marketing Execution
- VR / AR / MR / AI in Marketing
- Sales Management Careers
- Marketing Teams
- Innovations in Sales and Marketing
Sessions cover a wide range of sales and marketing topics, and we look forward to sharing yours with our B2B Camp community!